Filed in : Weddings

When we found out that Amanda and Jacob wanted us to shoot their wedding in Arkansas, we were over the moon with excitement. When we found out the wedding was at Degray Lake we were even more over joyed!  Amanda and Jacob decided on a date and booked us to shoot their Degray Lake wedding on September 30. We just knew it was going to be a blast!

John and I traveled to Arkansas a few weeks earlier for the engagement session, and since John is from the area it was an added bonus to spend time with his family before and after the session. The weekend of the engagement session was overcast and a bit cold, but the wedding weekend couldn’t have been more beautiful. I love a good sunny day! The ceremony took place outside overlooking the lake. Amanda and Jacob sure have some great taste because I loved everything about this place.

After the wedding Amanda asked us if we could do bride and groom portraits after the day was complete instead of doing them during the cocktail hour, which I loved because sometimes the amount of time we spend on family formals and bridal party there isn’t very much time for bride and groom pictures. The four of us walked all over the resort finding the coolest spots for portraits. We even found a boat to take pictures near! A little while after we found the boat the owners came down to take the boat on the water, luckily we didn’t sit on it or get inside!

I totally want to give a shout out to the brides mom, Toni, she was phenomenal! She listened and read everything we sent over to the couple to prepare them for their wedding day and I loved her for that. The day ran so smooth and I can honestly say it was all because of her!

Amanda and Jacob, your wedding was amazing. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and we’ll be following your married journey forever! Check back HERE for more blogs next week!

Degray Lake Wedding

Degray Lake Wedding

Degray Lake Wedding Amanda + Jacob

January 26, 2018

Leave A Note

1. Shannon

January 28th, 2018 at 7:43 pm

You both were absolutely amazing! I am Jacob’s mom and all of the pictures turned out completely gorgeous! I ordered several for Christmas gifts and my family loved them! Thank you again for such a wonderful job and yes, Toni rocks!

2. Ressa

January 29th, 2018 at 8:36 am

These photos are absolutely breathtaking! I love the bride’s dress and the wedding looks spectacular!

3. Alicia Yarrish

January 29th, 2018 at 11:19 am

Marie, you captured this beautifully! I know Amanda and Jacob will always cherish these photographs and moments you’ve captured for them <3 Can't wait to see more from you, friend!

4. Elizabeth Weitz

January 29th, 2018 at 12:32 pm

What a gorgeous Degray Lake Wedding! So many sweet candid moments and you’ve captured the heart and soul of this beautiful couples wedding! Well done!

5. Nicole

January 29th, 2018 at 12:34 pm

What a beautiful wedding a Degray Lake! You captured this so perfectly. Really love the dock and boat pictures.

6. Kathryn

January 29th, 2018 at 12:35 pm

What a beautiful Degray Lake wedding! You did a stunning job capturing both candid moments and posed portraits. What a beautiful spot for an Arkansas wedding.

7. Jess

January 29th, 2018 at 2:53 pm

What a beautiful location and couple. It is so wonderful to be able to travel with your photography and also have the opportunity to visit family. I love your landscape shots!

8. Stephanie Glover

January 29th, 2018 at 5:14 pm

These wedding images are absolutely breathtaking!!!

9. Alice L

January 29th, 2018 at 6:36 pm

The scenery is so beautiful. I had a family member get married on a lake in Arkansas. The photos of the bride and groom at the end are some of my favorites. I like the fact in the beginning where you said that you were able to visit family when you took the couples engagement photos.

10. Lynn Marie

January 29th, 2018 at 7:33 pm

What a gorgeous wedding at Degray Lake! I love the overall tone and feel of these wedding photos. Gorgeous couple! The photo of the bride on the dock is my favorite. Beautiful!

11. Rachel H

January 29th, 2018 at 8:38 pm

Wow! What a beautiful wedding. You captured their moments perfectly. So gorgeous!

12. Aubrey B

January 29th, 2018 at 9:05 pm

What a beautiful wedding this was! I love how you can see their love for each other. Such. precious couple and a great location.

13. Meghan R

January 29th, 2018 at 10:31 pm

Love a lakeside wedding (but I may be biased because we had one too). Gorgeous wedding dress!

14. Twinspirational

January 29th, 2018 at 11:17 pm

What a great place for a wedding! Love your editing style. You captured the couple and details beautifully.

15. Kira

January 29th, 2018 at 11:36 pm

Looks like a perfect day for a sweet couple. You did a great job capturing it all!

16. Fran Jorgensen

January 29th, 2018 at 11:55 pm

What an great day! I love how relax and genuine this couple are! Beautiful wedding.

17. tierney

January 30th, 2018 at 3:50 am

This was a gorgeous wedding! I am loving the blush pink bridesmaids dresses! You captured those special moments and details beautifully!

18. Melissa

January 30th, 2018 at 11:34 am

Dang Arkansas you pretty! Congrats to the couple!! I love all the outdoor photos by the lake. And that sunset was perfection!

19. Kristin Duncan

January 30th, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Beautiful! What a gorgeous couple! The setting is perfect and love all the uniqueness added to the ceremony.

20. Sarah F

January 31st, 2018 at 6:23 am

Degray lake looks like such an incredible venue! This wedding is stunning, and makes me long for nicer weather so badly!

Comments